ELI is the leading private English language school in Sevillewith 17 centres of different sizes around the city (11 ELI schools and 6 franchise centres), plus three other franchise centres in Málaga and the province of Granada
- The possibility of working in a professional, supportive atmosphere in well-equipped centres
- Pre-service and in-service training
- A challenging but satisfying job as teacher of English to mainly children and adolescents
- A monthly salary of 1,256-1,456 euros gross (main ELI schools), calculated according to qualifications, experience and number of contact hours (22 or 23)
- A transport subsidy for teachers working in outlying schools
- Minimum 50% month's wages on finalising contract
we ask for:
- One year’s prior equivalent experience
- A 4-week certificate course: Either Cambridge CELTA or Trinity TESOL
- Good communication skills and ability to work with younger learners
- Working knowledge of Spanish
- Native English speaker, EU national
We care about our students and we care about our teachers.
Though a big school we aim for smaller teams who work in a warm and positive atmosphere, with systems and structures which provide support and guidance. We aim for a high professional ethos. A good working atmosphere is a goal we are proud to achieve as it is a priority for us. Remuneration is competitive in our area.
Contracts initially run from mid-September to the end of June (paid holidays).
Generally 22/23 hours in afternoon/evening blocks (4pm to 10pm) and usually Monday – Thursday. Occasionally Monday – Friday depending on the needs of each centre.
Mainly children and adolescents with a maximum of 13 students.
All classrooms are equipped with computer, projector, audio equipment, internet connection and IWB.
All schools have a well stocked teachers’ staff room. Students work from up-to-date course material appropriate to their age and level.
Teachers have access to our virtual staffroom with ELI’s library of custom-made resources.
As part of the contract teachers are expected to attend a one week pre-service course in the second week of September, and weekly 2 hour in-service training sessions on Friday mornings. All teachers are observed and given structured feedback at least once in the course of the year.
If you are interested in becoming a teacher at ELI, please send your CV and covering letter with a recent photograph to:
Recruitment, English Language Institute
Manuel Casana, 11
ELI training videos:
How does a Spanish pay-slip work?